1. Thank you for visiting www.kesc.com.pk (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Website"). By accessing and using this Website you shall be deemed to have accepted and be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the, ‘Terms and Conditions'). Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions shall take effect from the time and date when you first access this Website. However, if you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, discontinue using the Website immediately.
2. The designated domain www.kesc.com.pk is owned by Karachi Electric Supply Company Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as, "KESC"). For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, KESC will be referred to as "we", "you", "our" and "us".
3. These Terms and Conditions are a legal agreement between you and us and can only be amended with our consent. They should be read in conjunction with any details provided on the Website about how the Website functions and the available services.
4. We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions regularly from time to time without prior notice. Your acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions shall take effect from the time and date when you first access this Website following the revision of the Terms and Conditions. Please check back regularly to see if there have been any changes.
5. KESC, its agents, officers and employees and third parties:
a. Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy, quality, usefulness ,completeness, timeliness, performance, security or suitability of the information, materials and data contained and offered on this Website or any websites linked from or to this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
b. do not warrant that the functions contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free and that defects will be corrected.
c. make no warranties that this Website, the information and data and the hosting servers are free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination. We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any content of the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output.
d. do not approve of any material on websites linked from or to this Website and do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this Website; We do not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites linked from or to this Website do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world.
e. accept no liability for direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages arising out of accessing or using this Website and websites linked from or to this Website, or any use of the information and data or reliance placed on them.
6. This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions. You must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt the Website or any computer system, server, router or any other internet-connected device. You shall not assert or attempt to obtain any such rights and you shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, our name, trade marks, logos or other proprietary marks or any of the content of this Website, in whole or in part, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions. Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence under the Copyright Ordinance 1962, the Copyright (Amendment) Ordinance 2000, the Trade Marks ordinance 2001 and the Pakistan Electronic Crime Ordinance 2007
7. The material, contents, service marks and trademarks contained in or displayed on this Website is the property of KESC and are protected by intellectual property laws. The material, contents, service marks and trademarks contained on websites to or from which this Website is linked are the property of their respective owners and are protected by intellectual property rights laws. The designs, information, graphics, images, logos and the selection and arrangements thereof on this Website, are the property of KESC.
8. If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page or other relevant page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
a. you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the KESC logo;
b. you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
c. you do not in any way imply that KESC is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
d. you do not misrepresent your relationship with KESC nor present any other false information about KESC; and
e. you do not otherwise use any KESC trade marks displayed on this Website without express written permission from KESC.
9. Occasionally, we may restrict access to some features or parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users who have registered with us. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. You agree that the personal information provided to us for the purposes of registration shall be complete and accurate and that you will not register under the name of or attempt to enter the Website under the name of another person. KESC may, in its sole discretion and without assigning any reasons, decline to register a user or disallow a user name that the KESC deems offensive or inappropriate for any reason.
10. From time to time this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
11. You may download information from the Website for your own personal non-commercial use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission and that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trade mark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
12. You are notified that in communicating through this Website you may be in breach of applicable laws in case if you do any of the following:
a. Breaking the laws - this includes defamation, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court;
d. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organization;
e. Invading people's privacy;
f. Political campaigning;
h. Incitement to religious, ethnic or sectarian unrest or violence; and
i. Use of violence, intimidation or terrorism containing unlawful, infringing, defamatory or obscene material or information.
13. The rights granted to you under these Terms and Conditions shall terminate immediately upon your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
14. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless KESC against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, or expenses arising from or in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Pakistan. Any dispute arising under the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Pakistan.