We at KESC are committed at surpassing the requirements and expectations of our customers, improving our health and safety performance and minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment by:
- Complying with applicable legal and other requirements to which our company subscribes.
- Embedding the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality requirements in our routine and non-routine activities.
- Preventing injuries and ill health to personnel affected by our activities through a proactive system of risk management.
- Conserving natural resources and reducing the Carbon footprint of activities by proactively assessing their environmental impact and mitigating their adverse effects.
- Improving our operational performance by setting HSEQ objectives and targets with their regular monitoring and evaluation.
- Improving competence and skill through training and awareness.
- Ensuring continual improvement through a system of performance planning, measurement and reviews.
KESC employees shall be at the forefront of this policy for its successful implementation and shall demonstrate their HSEQ consciousness by being aware of their roles and responsibilities. The policy shall also reinforce our standards of nurturing and developing our substantial talent pool, building shareholder value through performance excellence and improved financial results, and measuring customer satisfaction by providing reliable, safe and cost effective service.
On my part, I shall ensure that timely decisions are taken and resources provided to demonstrate our commitment on implementing our HSEQ vision and strategy.