Energy conservation should be defined as Energy Use Wisely by the practice of decreasing the quantity of energy used while achieving the same outcome.
If any timelines are defined /mentioned; then those particular details will be provided. Otherwise, agent will inform the customer that the concerned department will get back to him/her with the required details.
The required documents which are to be attached with the new application will be varying from case to case but the required documents which will be "Common in all Cases" are listed below:
• Application form duly verified by Licensed Electrical Contractor
• Copy of CNIC of the owner/contractor/contact person
• Approved building plan/Allotment order (in case of individual house)
• In case of tapping meter (additional meter) photocopy copy of Allotment letter/sales deed
• In case of Kachi Abadies, letter from Director Kachi Abadies
• Copy of last paid electricity bill (only in the case of extension of load or Tapping Meter)
• Copy of any other paid utility bill/credit card bill for the address verification in case of (Residential/Commercial/Industrial Connection)
The rest of the required documents will be provided to the consumer by the concerned centres.
Payments against any New Connection cannot be defined or updated by us as the charges tariff varies from consumer to consumer and also depends on type of connection along with the load requirement of the consumer. So, the charges against every connection are different and only the concerned centre representative will be able to tell the payment details.
Payments against any New Connection are to be made at designated branches of NBP (National Bank of Pakistan).
There are two ways of recording a meter reading:
1. AMR - Automatic Meter Reading: through GPRS or any other commodity
2. Manual - Meter Reader
KESC has made arrangement with all scheduled Banks of Pakistan and the post offices, who have specified their branches in all parts of the country to facilitate the consumers for making payment of their bills. The consumer can deposit his bill in any authorised Bank branch/Post Office within District/City.
Besides visiting the centres, you can write to us at
The connection can be reconnected after clearance of dues outstanding.
Besides visiting the centres, you can download the application form directly from our website i.e. www.kesc.com.pk.